ResNet offers network and basic software support for students living in the residence halls. We also provide virus, adware, and spyware removal services. We will also attempt to troubleshoot other issues you may be having with your computer.
We will make room visits when necessary. If you have a laptop, we prefer you bring your computer to the Helpdesk in the Phillips Memorial Library, room LL25 or the Satellite Helpdesk in Accinno Hall, room 102. We will fix it there. We do not offer a drop-off service center. If you wish to have your computer looked at or fixed by ResNet or the Helpdesk, you must be present for the duration of the repair.
Sunday – Thursday 5:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Virus removal and installation of anti-virus software
- Spyware removal and installation of various anti-spyware utilities
- Network connectivity support
- Basic software support
- Assistance with data backup and Windows re-installation
- Troubleshooting of other problems when possible and referral to other service providers as necessary
We do not provide hardware repair or advanced software support.
While we make every attempt to resolve any issue, if a problem falls into one of those two categories, we will attempt to troubleshoot the problem as best as we can and refer the student to an outside vendor. If the computer is under warranty, we will refer the student to the respective vendor.
All services are subject to our Indemnity Agreement. If you plan on bringing your system in for service, please print and complete this form beforehand and bring it with your machine.
Requirements for Support
- PC running Windows 8.1 or newer
- Apple Mac running macOS 10.13 High Sierra or newer